There were about 11,260 private jets all around the United States in 2011. The country has nearly 50% of the global market for private jets. Europe has about 28% of the market and is the second largest market for them. Entrepreneur has put together some tips and tricks for getting a better deal with a Gulfstream charter plane.andnbsp;
- Plan your trip to get the best price. Private aircraft charters are crisscrossing the country all of the time. When they have to get from point A to point B, one of the legs of their journey may be empty. This means that the charter jet company is not making any money on that leg of their trip. You can benefit from this if you time your travel correctly. You should look to plan your trip a week or two before you plan to travel.
- Do not treat your private jet charter quote the way you bid on cheap stuff on Ebay. You can shoot yourself in the foot by trying to play companies that offer Gulfstream charter planes against each other. People may not realize it but they may end up bidding against themselves for the private jet flight they want to get.
- It can be harder to get on an empty leg than it once was. The best-kept secret about the empty legs of charter jet travel is no longer a secret and many people are out there vying for the same deals on charter flights. It is still possible to get these but they are harder to find now than they were in the past.
- Understand that charter jet travel is still expensive. If you are looking at a Gulfstream charter plane, which is a heavier aircraft, you are looking at costs to fly it running anywhere between $6,000 and $8,000 each hour. Lighter aircrafts can cost somewhere between $2,000 and $4,000 each hour. While the price for these private charters has gone down, it is never going to be budget travel. If you go into your search for chartered flights with this in mind, you will have a better experience and will be less frustrated by what you find.
- Keep in mind what you are paying for. People like to get a Gulfstream charter plane because they like the luxury and convenience of it, not because it is a less expensive way to travel. Keep that in mind when you are looking at charter fights. People also prefer the safety and security that comes along with charter jet travel.
- Do not fall for the jet card deals. There was a time when these were great deals. You could pay a set price and get a chartered jet for a certain amount of time. People liked them because they allowed access to charter planes without the expenses associated with owning them. Now, it is much more cost-effective to go through a broker to get your charter flights.
- There are times when going round trip makes more sense. For travel plans that include a series of stops in different places, it can make more sense to get the charter flights to go round trip rather than one way. If, on the other hand, you plan to stay in one place for a while, it will cost less to just book your charter flights to be one-way trips. It costs a lot to have a plane on standby overnight.
Traveling by a charter aircraft such as a Gulfstream charter plane can be a really fun and luxurious experience. You can leave when you want to leave, pack all that you want to pack and even bring along Fido and Fluffy if you want. There is no TSA to wade through and the staff onboard the flight are not going to treat you like cattle. Plus, you can eat and drink what you want to eat and drink, plus if you want to bring more then three ounces of a liquid or gel, no one is going to stop you. All of these are the reasons that people who can afford charter jet travel will spend the money to fly in luxury and style.