The months of January, February, and March are irritating reminders of the difference between commercial airline travel and having access to a Gulfstream charter plane. During your work hours you are able to fly on the company Gulfstream charter plane to and from work meetings, planning sessions, and budget sessions. On your own time, however, you and your wife spend long amounts of time waiting in security, baggage, and check in lines as you travel to and from your daughter’s college gymnastics meets. On a couple of occasions you have been able to schedule your business trips so that you can use the company Gulfstream charter plane to attend a meeting that is near where the weekend gymnastics meet and only fly commercial on the way home. On those occasions the difference between private jet charters and commercials flights can be even more maddening.
Flying for work, you simply have to drive or get a ride to the small airport that is just a few miles from your home. For the personal use commercial flights, however, the hour long drive to the large commercial airport can be exhausting. Private aircraft charters provide many other benefits as well. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many advantages that private jets can have:
- Companies that use a lot of business travel have workers who responded to a 2009 survey and indicated that they are 20% more productive on a company aircraft than times when they are in the office.
- Out of all business aircraft passengers, only 22% are top management. And while many people think that it is only the top CEOs who are flying on private jets, the fact of the matter is that as as many as 50% are other managers are also flying on these private jets. In addition, another 20% of these private jet travelers are technical, sales, or service staff.
- No one want to wait in long lines at security, but the people who travel for work are especially in need of the convenient and efficient air travel provided by private jet charters.
- VIP private jets offer quiet work spaces to workers who want to be as productive while they are in the air as they are when they are on the ground.
- Executive private jet charter options are a popular option for businesses of all sizes.
- Nearly 11,300 private jets were registered in the U.S. in the year 2011.
- In today’s economy, 1.2 million Americans are employed by the business aviation industry. an industry that generates $150 billion in economic activity on a yearly basis.
- Europe lags behind the U.S. in private jet flights. In fact, the U.S. accounts for 49.7% of the private jet market. Europe comes in second at 20.8%
- Nearly 33% of all business aircraft flights are into a secondary airport. In comparison, 19% of flights are into large commercial airports.
- Charter flight pricing can initailly seem more expensive than commercial flight pricing. When companies take into consideration the convenience of selecting flight times and often avoiding hotel stays, however, these charter flights are often a great investment.
- Estimates indicate that private jets use a network of more than 5,000 airports in America, compared to 550 used by commercial airlines.
When large companies get ready to book travel arrangements for their employees CONVENIENCE is only one aspect that is considered. Knowing that you can get to and from a meeting that is hundreds of miles away is important for business people who find themselves traveling several times a month, sometimes several times in a week.